January 2017 : PRAYER AND FASTING EMPOWERS
My Case is Different greetings to you all in Jesus’ name.
From the word of God, we understand that no one makes a difference in the kingdom without empowerment. This is because the kingdom of God in not in word, but in power – 1 Cor. 4:20
We also discover from scriptures that prayer and fasting is ordained primarily for the empowerment of the saints – Is. 58:6/ Matt. 17:21
As we all know, empowerment is in levels and that prayer and fasting facilitates change of levels in the school of power. This implies that, through prayer and fasting, we move from one level of empowerment to another, such as, from ankle deep to knee deep to waist deep and to the overflow realm in the school of power – Ezk. 47:1-5
In the same vein, we saw Paul the apostle, a man given to ‘fastings often’ operated in varying dimensions of empowerment – 2 Cor. 6:5/2 Cor.11:27/ Acts 19:14-15
This man commanded dominion over death and lived practically as a ‘god’ in the likeness of men – 2 Cor. 11:25/ Phi. 1:21-25/ Acts 14:11.
The New Testament recognises the following levels of empowerment:
- Power – Act. 1:8/ Acts 2:1-4 (ankle deep)
- Great Power – Acts 4:30-33 (Knee deep)
- Exceeding Great Power – Eph. 1:18/ Luk. 9:43 (Loin deep)
- Power of the world to come – Heb. 6:5/ Jn 1:34 (Overflowing realm)
For example, we saw Christ after a 40-day prayer and fasting episode, returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee.
Although He was born a sign, but He only emerged a sign after He returned empowered – Luk. 4:1-14/18-37
Before then, He was as ‘natural’ as anyone else in Nazareth, but after His fasting and prayer adventure He began to command dominion, His spiritual authority came alive, He became an exclamation mark among men! etc.
All of the above implies that even Christ could not make a difference until He was empowered. Scripturally therefore, it takes empowerment for the redeemed to make a difference in life.
This is why we must take advantage of this forthcoming 21-day prayer and fasting to crave for change of level in empowerment, thereby commanding next levels of spiritual authority that will position us for dominion in these hard times.
But remember, it takes a panting of the soul and a longing of the flesh to experience a change of level in the school of power – Ps 63:1-3/ Is. 41:17-21
Specifically, what is in Prayer and Fasting for us?
Prayer and Fasting empowers our access to:
- Next levels of anointing – Is. 58:6/ Ezk. 47:1-5/ Luk. 5:39
- Next levels of spiritual authority – Luk. 4:1-18/32-36
- New dimensions of breakthrough – Is. 58:6/11-14/ Is. 45:1-3
- Outbreak of fresh revelation – Is. 58:6/8/10
- Clarity of divine direction – Is. 58:6/11/ Hab. 2:1-3
- Destruction of every satanic stronghold – Luk. 4:14/36/ Is. 10:27 ……Etc. etc.
But, for our prayer and fasting to be effectual, we must:
- Fast in faith – Matt. 17:20-21/ Matt. 9:29
- Fast in love – Is. 58:4/7/9b/10/ Gal. 5:6
Therefore, the prophetic focus for the month of January 2017 is:
PRAYER AND FASTING EMPOWERS – Is. 58:6-14
May the forthcoming 21-day prayer and fasting result in multiple change of levels of empowerment to everyone of us and may every Winner be turned to a living wonder among men all through this year and beyond
Recommended books of the month authored by Bishop David O. Oyedepo include:
- Winning Prayer
- Satan Get Lost
- Release of Power
- Born to Win
- Understanding the Anointing
- Anointing for Breakthrough
Remain ever blessed!
Jesus is Lord!
Bishop David O. Oyedepo