The Woman and Her Home (2)
The Woman and Her Home (2)
Welcome to another amazing week! The home is what the woman makes it to be. An adage says, “As you lay your bed, so you lie on it.” There are homes you enter and you just sense the presence of the Holy Spirit. You can see joy on the faces of those who live there while there are some others that, as soon as you enter their home, you feel tension in the atmosphere. Make your home conducive for the Holy Spirit to dwell in. Last week, I discussed on how productive living helps you fulfil your God-given assignment as a woman. This week, I will be showing you How to be a Creative Homemaker (Titus 2:4-5, Hebrews 3:4).
As a woman, you have a great role to play in determining the spiritual atmosphere of the home. You can determine to make your home a conducive place for the Holy Spirit to dwell in by keeping your home for Jesus and out of the reach of the devil. However, keeping the home involves both physical and spiritual inputs.
- Spiritually: You keep your home by prayers, getting wisdom from the Word, fasting and watching.
- Physically: There are several ways to keep your home physically conducive for all to live in, but in this edition, I will dwell on just three (3). These includes:
- Keep it clean and tidy: The cleanliness in some homes commands attention, while in some others, you wonder whether cleanliness means anything to them. No matter how small or big the place you are living is, keep it clean, to the glory of God. Some women appear neat outside, but leave their homes in a mess with everything there “rioting!” This is hypocrisy! Cleanliness is part of spirituality. Woman, be clean inside and outside. Remember, cleanliness is next to godliness.
- Prepare good food: The woman, as a home keeper, prepares food for her household. Learn to prepare a variety of meals for your family. Learn some new dishes, but also experiment with a few old ones. Proverbs 31 describe the virtuous woman as one who giveth meat to her household (Proverbs 31:15). Members of her household are all adequately taken care of. Therefore, the well-being of those in your home depends on how efficient you are in performing this duty.
- Physical Appearance: Be creative in your appearance. It is not how expensive a fabric is that counts as much as the combinations and accessories you use. Always be on the lookout for what looks nice on others, and experiment on your own. It is also wise to ask those who know about dresses, what suits you. The same goes for your hair and make-up.
Some women wear nice clothes, but live in shabby homes. Keeping the home both spiritually and physically, requires diligence. It is energy-taking and time-consuming, but the result speaks for itself. A lazy woman cannot keep a home. But God will always supply the strength that is required.
Furthermore, think of ways to enhance your relationship with your husband. It could be by suggesting places two of you can go to (not necessarily expensive, but full of fun). You can play nice soft music at night, for just the two of you and even dance! This is a very good way to keep your marriage alive.
From scriptures, you can see that the Proverbs 31 woman is orderly and organised. She programmes her day by the help of the Holy Spirit. God believes in planning, that is why He allocated a particular time to sleep and a time to awake (Ecclesiastes 3:1). Never let a day come and go, when you cannot define clearly what you accomplished. If your type of job gives you a lot of extra time, invest that time; don’t waste it!
Perhaps you are a stay-at-home wife, let your family feel your impact. Be a home maker with a difference! Don’t say, “I don’t have a job.” That is a job! Be up early, tidy up the house, prepare good meals and get the children’s clothes ready. Be diligent at your chores. Let your home be an example for others to follow. A wise man once said, and I believe it very strongly, that the greatest factory where the most important products on earth is manufactured, is the home. That is true, because the home is where the next generation of leaders are produced.
To carry out your work as a homemaker, you need grace. This is solely given by God and is only applicable to His children. You can be a child of God by allowing Jesus to come into your heart. This you do by confessing your sins and accepting Jesus Christ as the Lord and Saviour of your life. If you are ready for this new birth experience, please say this prayer in faith:Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for delivering me from sin and satan to serve the living God and thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom.
Congratulations! If you prayed this simple prayer of faith with me, you are now born again and a child of God. He loves you and will never leave you. Read your Bible daily, obey God’s Word and seek Christian fellowship (John 14:21).
With this, you are guaranteed all-round rest and peace in Jesus’ name! Call or write to share your testimonies with me through email@example.com, 07026385437 OR 08141320204.
For more insight, these books authored by me are available at the Dominion Bookstores in all Living Faith Churches and other leading Christian bookstores: Marriage Covenant, Making Marriage Work, Building A Successful Home and Success in Marriage (Co-Authored).