Fitting the Pieces to Form a Whole (1)
Fitting the Pieces to Form a Whole (1)
Happy new month! I welcome you to the last month in this awesome year that God has promised to make everything new for us. You will agree with me that God has been beautiful for your situations and has marvelously helped you since the year began.Hence, He deserves your praise and adoration. I have personally experienced God in a new dimension this year.Surely, He is too faithful to fail!
In this crowning month of the year, I haveput together many tips that make for a fulfilling family life. This is why this series is titled: Fitting the Pieces to Form a Whole. True success in marriage, entails working with so many principles from scriptures that make our adventure in life wholesome. There are principles that guarantee financial increase in the home, principles that make for unity, happiness, stress-free family relationships and I will be unveiling some of these to you.
In this first edition, I will be teaching about Keys to Increasing the Atmosphere of Joy in your Home. Marriage, as God intended, is meant to be exciting, fulfilling and exhilarating and successful. If by any chance, yours haslost the excitement or joy experienced at the beginning, God can impact you with it again, by putting to work all you will be taught in this series.
It is joy on the inside that brings out the best in a man. Happiness in your home will bring out the best in your wife, husband and children. A sorrowful heart is dangerous. Nothing good comes the way of the dejected. God’s Word says: A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones (Proverbs 17:22).
When there is sadness and tension in a home, the family members are prone to all sorts of sicknesses and diseases. Man, which do you choose? To stay happy and make every member of your family happy, thereby staying away from hospital bills, or to continue spending your money and resources on drugs and medical bills. Wisdom is profitable to direct, the wise man said. I’ll rather choose to stay happy and be drug-free with my family members.
Joy is a feeling of great pleasure and happiness. Joy is unlike happiness which is based on happenings, it runs deeper than that. It is a fruit of the spirit that emanates from the inside. A joyful countenance is often characterised by laughter, peace and contentment. When you are genuinely joyful, it can be easily noticeable and highly contagious.
What does it take to be Joyful?
Joy emanates from finding God’s Word concerning you and the peace of your family, obeying His instructions and doing what He commands. To maintain an atmosphere of joy in your home; therefore, God is telling you to consider these:
- Appreciate your spouse and family members – Whatever good thing and strong point you can see in the life of your spouse, let it be a source of joy and inspiration to you. Praise God for this aspect of his/her life and then every other area where he/she does not measure up to expectation will begin to disappear.
- Celebrate your spouse – Remember that other people are secretly wishing this same man or woman is their husband or wife. Keep that which you have jealously.
- Sow joy – Remember that it is what you sow that you reap. If you sow excitement into the atmosphere in your home, you will reap joyful family members. You will be happy yourself and your home shall be full of joy.
- Create God climate around your home – A God climate will eventually produce good climate. Fill your home with Christian music, Christian books, Inspirational materials, Posters, etc. Let everything around your home spell and smell God.
- Organise Feasts – Learn to celebrate important days and events. Form the habit of remembering birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, etc. Make big events out of ordinary days. Use these occasions to get excited and rejoice with your family members.
- Be one – Pray together and do things in common. Let your children see oneness in you. A house divided against itself cannot stand. Communicate adequately to the point of trust.
- Give no place to the spirit of unforgiveness – If you don’t forgive, you will not be forgiven. If your wife or husband offends or goes wrong somehow, correct immediately in love, and forgive.
- Be Contented – Contentment brings satisfaction. Be satisfied with your husband, wife, children, finances, life and environment. Thank God for every aspect of your family at all times.
Finally, friends, the Word of God says: If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them (John 13:17). Nothing works until you work it. Set yourself to doing these things and your laughter shall know no end. Be joyful on the inside and it shall continually show on the outside. Your health shall spring forth and every member of your family shall enjoy the divine presence of God. Heaven is full of joy, and God dwells in the midst of praise. Make your home and life a habitation for the Almighty by accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. If you want to accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, then say this prayer in faith: Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Make me a child of God today. Thank You for delivering me from sin and satan to serve the living God and thank You for accepting me into Your Kingdom. Congratulations! If you prayed this simple prayer of faith with me, you are born again and you are now a child of God. He loves you and will never leave you. Read your Bible daily, obey God’s Word and seek Christian fellowship (John 14:21). With this, you are guaranteed all-round rest and peace in Jesus’ name! Call or write to share your testimonies with me through email@example.com, 07026385437 OR 08141320204. For more insight, these books authored by me are available at the Dominion Bookstores in all Living Faith Churches and other leading Christian bookstores: Marriage Covenant, Making Marriage Work, Building a Successful Home and Success in Marriage (Co-Authored).